UX/UI specialist needed!
We are looking for a UI/UX designer who wants to create brilliant data experiences that will positively impact how cities engage with citizens. We’re looking for someone who is good at what they do, wants to be stretched on ambitious projects, and wants to turn it into meaningful impact on the world.
Your primary focus will be leading UI, and you’ll also work with the team on UX. We need someone to translate user research into data visualisations, sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience.
Since 2013, Social Coin has been receiving public recognition from the United Nations – WSA, the European Commission, Singularity University and many more, for inspiring acts of kindness around the world. Now we’re starting a new chapter of the mission.
We are becoming aware that governance, whether on the level of a country, a city, organization or neighborhood, must become a more collaborative process. Thus Citibeats was created; the machine-learning solution that enables governments to better listen, understand and connect with the people and create the change the people say their city needs.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Create dashboards that make data simple, usable and useful
- Facilitate client’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Proven UI experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, Sketch or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Your portfolio, highlighting any experience with data visualisation or dashboards
- Your cover letter, explaining why you’re interested in the Social Coin and our mission